Monday, August 6, 2007

Time to Move On?

Is it time to move out and start my life yet? I've got all the pieces in place: decent job, working car, my toys, my friends, my debt--basically the means to support myself. So what's holding me back?

I haven't started looking at apartments or houses or condos--I haven't really felt the need to move out. Where I'm at (my parents' basement) is "good enough" with enough privacy and amenities that I'm comfortable. I pay "rent" and the rest of my money goes to paying down my debt and supplies, so in truth I'm not really saving all that much. Your living expenditures will always rise to meet your income, I think a co-worker said of getting raises.

I think perhaps the main reason I'm not feeling any rush to move out is that if I moved out, it'd be more expensive and I would definitely not have enough money for my other extravagances (currently my guns, but increasingly my bike and its accessories).

Well maybe it's time to change that.

No comments: